Thursday, June 28, 2012

39. Job 1:16

Job 1:16
While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them; and I alone have escaped to tell you!"

The fire of God, perhaps lightening? There is that ball of fire type that could possibly be worse, or was it something beyond what I have seen or heard of?
This seems like a rather scary way for the sheep and servants to go, even worse than being raided and carried away. How did the one servant manage to escape? I still wonder. Well, obviously God left a witness to tell what had happened, but did the servant hide, did he just happen across it all in the middle or did the fire just leap right over him?
I suppose he could be severely injured.

Lord, I would not want such things to happen to my family, my cats, and if I had servants, them also. If I had to lose it all, I hope it would be in a way less painful to them all, please. God, I am nothing to brag about, Satan probably doesn't even care about testing me, and in some ways that is great... But still God, make me into an upright person like Job and mold me more and more like You.

<-- Job 1:13-15                                                                                                             Job 1:17-19 -->

No comments:

Post a Comment