Sunday, June 10, 2012

37. Job 1:13-15

Job 1: 13-15
Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house; and a messenger came to Job and said, "The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them, when the Sabeans raided them and took them away--indeed they have killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!"

His sons and daughters were paying no mind to real life, they were off eating and drinking again. Even the best of men's children can turn out wrong. God uses men, or allows men to be used by Satan, to go about changing things on the earth. The oxen and donkeys going about their business and suddenly they are taken away. They are lucky, in a way, to just be taken and not killed as the servants. How come is there only one man left, could there be no more? Don't two make a proper witness?

Lord, thank you that all my possessions are Yours (and even selfishly, that You have not taken them from me.). As Richard reminded me, sometimes it is best to get rid of the things you hold dearest. God, what is the thing I need most to move farther from my heart to give more space to You? I am not much of a giving person, but if I ought to give something away, push me toward it. Thanks for all You have given me.

<-- Job 1:12                                                                                                                        Job 1:16 -->

No comments:

Post a Comment