Wednesday, July 11, 2012

41. Job 1:17-19

Job 1:17-19
While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three bands, raided the camels and took them away, yes, and killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!"
While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!"

So why did the Chaldeans form three bands specifically? Why not two or four?
Sheep seem to be different from oxen, donkeys and camels. Why were the sheep wiped out and the rest were just stolen?
I think I shall never let my children party without me, it just isn't safe. I hope they aren't wine drinkers.
This wind reminds me of a tornado perhaps, or of a hurricane like in Florida. Who is God testing at the moment? Death can sneak upon you quickly.

Lord, is St. Helen's going to blow? Will an earthquake to end all earthquakes hit us here on the west coast as a super gigantic hurricane finishes off the east? Or is this just one of those interesting times on our lives?
God, I pray for the safety of those involved on either coast, that less lives would be lost and, above all, that somehow You would be glorified in all of this.
(Not sure if there was some big disaster happening when I wrote this or what, I should have put dates on the entries.)

<-- Job 1:16                                                                                                                    Job 1:20-22-->

No comments:

Post a Comment