Monday, April 29, 2013

47. Job 2:3-4

Job 2:3-4 
Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil? And still he holds fast to his integrity, although you incited Me against him, to destroy him without cause."
So Satan answered the LORD and said, "Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life."


Job is still upright in God's eyes, he still held fast to his integrity.

Lord may I be like Job, still holding tight to you when things aren't going the way I expect. After all, there is none like You. 

Satan is king of excuses, he says, oh sure, Job still holds on, but that's because it was just family and possessions, no, what a human really cares about is himself.

Lord, if I ever have such a disease or such as is about to come upon Job, help me to remember to always put You first in my mind. There is no need to fear death, because with such death comes eternal life with You. I pray that I would not give all I have if it would save my life, especially if it means denying You. Blessed be the name of the Lord!


Job 2:1-2                                                                                                                                 Job 2:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment