Tuesday, November 25, 2008

24. Job 1:8

Job 1:8
Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”

"Have you considered My servant Job." "Have you set your heart on My servant Job." These are a bit different, most of my Bibles say considered. "Set your heart on My servant..." does Satan have a heart? I think not? It is hard to imagine God saying that there is none like a person, none on earth so upright.

Lord, I know that I am not like Job, but I would like to become as he was, an upright woman, blameless in Your eyes, one who fears You Lord, and one who always shuns/ has nothing to do with evil. God, I keep messing that up. Forever it seems I am giving in to evil, I'm sorry. Please help me strengthen my gates and build up my walls against the evil one. If I could totally feel Your presence, I think I could stand firm against the devil, but "we walk by faith, not by sight," so my request instead is that You increase my faith.


<-- Job 1:6-7                                                                                                                        Job 1:9 -->

No comments:

Post a Comment