Saturday, November 29, 2008

26. Thanksgiving

So, Marshall was going to write a list of little things on his blog that he was thankful for, and I was inspired to write a few things down.
My list is not nearly as long (I didn't get back to it after the first day.) and a lot of my thank-yous are a bit conditional, but here they are anyhow.
(I didn't have time to post them on Thanksgiving.)

I am thankful to God...

.... that the station wagon decided to die after my parents traded cars with me (dad has gotten it to start again now, although it seems the starter might be dying... and the brakes are almost gone).

.... that I have a job (even if I don't care for working with people ... the job is stretching me and I'm getting somewhat friendlier.)

.... for a roommate who keeps everything nice and neat, but doesn't freak out if I don't do my dishes right away.

.... for having enough stuff that I don't really know what I want for Christmas (well, except for stuff no one else can afford either.)

.... for the way Katia and I arranged the living room and the picture we both love as a finishing touch.

.... for Taco Bell being a good landmark when telling people how to get to the apartment.

.... that my family gets along fine.

.... that I found one of my waterbottles before I lost the other one.

.... that I have the bigger bedroom and my own bathroom (like I said, I have lots of stuff.)

.... that I get to see people I know all the time when they shop at Walmart (the best part of my job!)

.... for my purse spoon, I never guessed how much I'd use it when I picked it up.

.... that the station wagon cleaned up without too much work.

.... that I don't have to do the sunday school tags or run slides during service anymore (although I do like to think I was better at running the slides, I really like being able to think about what what I'm singing or listening to instead of thinking about when to change the slide.)

.... for a fairly easy year in Awana, that I have one returning leader and one new one (although I dearly miss Shirley).

.... for a newer coworkers comment that she feels more comfortable around me than most of the other cashiers.

.... that Gem found a job, even if it's only part time and won't help much with her resume. (She will be a little less stressed.)

.... that Ian is doing well in school.

.... that I'm no longer addicted to chatting (even if that's partly because no one I used to chat with is online and I've started wasting time other ways online.)

.... for the people I hug almost every week at church... and being told by them that I give good hugs.

.... for people who tell me my hair is beautiful (even if they have a tendency to tell me when it needs washing).

.... that there is less traffic when I have to go to work way too early.

.... for Ealon (having ones own language/ code thing feels cool, even if nobody else can read it).

.... that I can sing/ listen to Christmas music all year (and that I can turn it off when I'm tired of it).

.... that there are more people in the college/ young adult group (even though I really miss the old dynamics of the group.)

.... for having a washer and dryer in the apartment.

.... for parents who let me use their washer and dryer, their car, and just plain for not kicking me out when I wasn't ready.

.... that Kelli said I always have funny answers when playing Balderdash.

.... that even though I wish I weren't single, I'm willing to wait and I won't give up my values in finding him.

.... that God loves me even when I'm not sure if actually I love Him.

.... that I have coats when I'm cold.

.... that I haven't died of ink poisoning as Lele keeps telling me is going to happen.

.... for someone else cooking on Wednesday evening and Sunday afternoons.

.... for Bob, who almost always does snack and cleanup on Wednesday nights. For the guys in the college group, who somehow manage to do more of the cooking and cleaning than the girls... and who are pretty good examples of good men.

.... for Ginny, the cutest one in the group (hope she doesn't get too spoiled!)

.... for when Lele and I get to talk... for when she has time to hang out with the group.

.... for Kale growing up and being way less annoying than he was!

.... for my kitty blanket being warm and heavy... perfect to sleep or cuddle with.

.... for mom not wanting to be like her mother when she's old (much as we love her).

.... that my bed is okay in comfort (as long as I sleep in it upside down).

.... for Lein getting Lawrence's job because (I think this is the plan anyway...) him, Risa and Ginny will move closer. (Although I can't imagine Lawrence not being there all the time!)

.... for Bethany, my pretend little sister who makes me feel special by calling me mean names like 'monkey' and dragging me around the church.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thought I'd stop by and comment again. It seems like it's been a while.

    I totally dig your list. I even added a link to it in your comment at bondChristian. I hope you don't mind.

    So... how'd your Thanksgiving go?

    I'll try to catch up with you a little later.

    - Marshall

    P.S. The link to my list in this post is broken. It has an extra "http:" in it. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ye liked my list and I don't mind that you linked to it. I fixed the link, thanks for telling me.
    My Thanksgiving was okay. I had to work 10-6:30, so everyone had already eaten by the time I got there. But, they saved me a plate of food and they waited to have dessert until after I'd eaten dinner.
    How was yours? All ready for Christmas yet?

    ReplyDelete