Tuesday, November 25, 2008

25. Happy Birthday to Me!

I don't know how I got to be so old so fast!
That is, I'm still only 27, so I've possibly many more years left... but 27 sounds so old. By 27, wasn't I supposed to be married and have a couple kids, maybe an interesting job... what happened?

Although, somewhere along the way I think I stopped believing I was going to get older. Maybe that's part of my problem, I'm still stuck back in my teens, and with time going by so much faster (why? I mean, it really goes the same speed, so why does it go so much faster when you're older?) I'm having a hard time catching up.
The older I get though, the more I realize that people older than me don't feel like they are as old as they are either. I had this discussion with one of my customers a couple months ago.

My dad tried to tell me on Sunday that I was still about 7 (which would make him 33.) I informed him that since I drive, have a job, and don't live at home anymore that didn't work... but he could claim I was still 17 if he wanted to.
Actually, it's disturbing to think that I'm old enough to have kids that are 7!

Yeah, so that's my thoughts for today... except, Thank You God that I am still alive at 27!

No comments:

Post a Comment