Monday, June 16, 2008

11. Job 1:1

So, I was reading through an old notebook, and for the fun of it I'm going to harass you (as an old coworker was constantly saying) with my thoughts on Job. At one point I was writing my thoughts out a verse or two a day, though I stopped at Job 4:11. Mayhaps I shall finish it when I get there. It was enjoyable but took a lot more time than I seem to be willing to give God most days. I'm not certain what version of the Bible I was reading at the time, so I'll assume it was NJKV... I don't remember how long ago I wrote this either... at least 3 years.

Job 1:1
"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil."

I wish it could be said of me that there is a woman in the City of _____, whose name is (Jil); and that woman is blameless and upright, and one who fears God and shuns evil.
Well, up until my name, that might be correct, except the word woman seems too old and wise for me (yes, even 3 or more years later it still does!). Blameless, well, confessing and being forgiven my sins might make me such, but some days I'm not sure if I'm really sorry for them. I wholeheartedly wish I was however! Upright. Well, I'm not that great at standing up straight. What exactly is upright, what is the difference between it and blameless?
Blame- to hold responsibility. Upright- being in accord with what is right.
Lord, I want to walk in Your way, the right path. Please guide me in reverent fear and faith in You. Help me to shun evil and walk blameless and upright in Your sight. Give me a love for you that overflows to others.

Job 1:2-3 -->

No comments:

Post a Comment